Traders Point Christian Academy (TPCA) is authorized under Federal law to enroll nonimmigrant student. TPCA welcomes international students in grades 7 – 12 to our school. We accept diploma-seeking students (F-1). Recent international students who have attended TPCA are from China, Romania, Serbia, Croatia, Brazil, Jamaica, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Mexico, Guatemala and South Korea.
International Boarding Philosophy
Traders Point Homestay is a unique feature of our boarding program. We believe that international students living with American families creates a much better educational environment and provides more social and emotional support than an impersonal boarding dorm.
Host families are carefully chosen by TPCA after a background and reference check and personal interviews. Orientation and ongoing support is provided for both host families and international students. TPCA will consider granting approval for an international student to live with relatives living near the academy. However, we believe that the best immersion experience requires that our enrolled international students live with a TPCA host family.
Step #1: Print and submit our application for admission along with payment for the non-refundable application fee of $150 USD to Mr. Dan Mueller at email@example.com. The student should take the iTEP slate english proficiency exam, or the TOEFL Junior, and request those scores be sent to Dan Mueller.
Step #2: Once we receive your application and fee, Mr. Mueller will contact you to schedule a Skype student interview. The interview consists of our talking with the applicant and their parents for about 15-30 minutes. The interview can also be conducted in person if the applicant is available in the USA.
Step #3: Admission decision - Following the interview, a decision will be made regarding admission to Traders Point Christian Academy. The decision is made based on the student application, interview, availability of host families, and the fit of the student with Traders Point and the available host families. The acceptance decision will be emailed to the family. If the student is accepted, the I-20 will be sent to the family by mail after a non-refundable deposit of $3,000 and the International Student Fee Payment Agreement are received by Traders Point. The non-refundable deposit is applied to the International Student Annual Fee. The deposit is only refundable if the student's F1 visa is denied.
Step #4: The International Student Annual Fee for the 2015-2016 academic year is:
$28,000 for students new to Traders Point Christian Academy
$27,000 for international students returning to Traders Point after their initial year attending
The International Student Annual Fee, less the deposit paid, must be received in full by Traders Point Christian Academy by June 1, 2015. This fee is non-refundable.
Traders Point Christian Academy was founded in 1976 and continues to build a reputation of being one of the most respected private Christian schools in Indiana. The school mission statement reflects a commitment to providing exceptional academics within a Biblical worldview as part of an effort to educate the whole student.
Traders Point Christian Academy challenges and educates students within the framework of a Biblical foundation while leading them to a personal faith and transformed life in Jesus Christ.
Traders Point Christian Academy will prepare and equip students to reach their highest individual potential and impact the world for Christ.
- Accredited by the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
- Accredited by AdvancEd
- Accredited by the State of Indiana as a Freeway school
- July 27- August 7, 2015: International Student Boarding Orientation at Traders Point Christian Academy
- August 11, 2015 througgh December 18, 2015: First Semester
- December 19, 2015 through January 3, 2016: two week Christmas Vacation
- January 4, 2016 through May 26, 2016: Second Semester
- TPCA has a comprehensive media center, science lab, music and visual arts areas.
- 25 classrooms are fully networked for the most advanced technological tools to enhance learning. Students pursue a rigorous academic curriculum in the academy tradition while having the freedom to pursue their own academic passions.
- Click here to access our on-site and online course offerings
Advanced Placement & Dual-Credit Courses for College Preparation
- Advanced Placement courses offer the scope and depth of college courses.
- AP test is offered; AP courses available in many disciplines
- Dual-credit courses provide credit toward high school graduation and credit toward a college diploma.
- Dual-credit courses are offered through Indiana Wesleyan University, Indiana University, Grand Canyon Unversity and in an online blended learnaing format through Sevenstar Academy.
- Click here to review more information on AP and Dual-Credit course offerings
- Offer more in-depth study of subjects
- Proceed at a faster pace for students
- Expand opportunities for independent work
- TPCA is a member of the IHSAA (Indiana High School Athletic Association) and IISL (Indianapolis Independent Schools League). We compete with schools throughout the Indianapolis area, Indiana and mid-west region. Sports offered at various grades include: soccer (grades 5 - 8); girls volleyball (grades 6 - 12); cross country (grades 5 - 12); basketball (grades 5 - 12); tennis (grades 5 - 12); track & field (grades 5 - 12); baseball (grades 5 - 12); football (grades 1-12); golf (grades 5 - 12); girls softball (grades 5 - 12).
- TPCA basketball teams have won league and state championships and placed as high as 3rd place in national tournaments.
- International students are welcomed and encouraged to participate in our athletic program.
- Availability of State-of-the-Art facilities for performing, with 2,600, 300 and 75 seat theater options.
- Performing arts facilities include dance studio, instrumental and choir rooms.
- The visual arts facility features 2- and 3-dimensional art room with a ceramic kiln.
- TPCA works with each international student to build a personalized graduation plan according to previous academic background and preparation.
- TPCA requires a minimum of 40 semester credits to graduate, or a minimum of 44 semester credits to graduate with honors.
- Traders Point Christian Academy has attracted faculty from around the country. There is a 13:1 student to teacher ratio through grade 8 and 4:1 in grades 9 – 12.
- Twenty-five percent of our faculty members hold advanced degrees. Our highly qualified, dedicated Christian teachers act as mentors and role models to our students, and inspire them to the highest levels of purpose and achievement.
University and College Counseling
- TPCA offers a complete college counseling program to insure that all graduates find the best fit for their university experience.
- TPCA students have been admitted to noteworthy universities such as: Fordham, Stetson, Purdue, Indiana University, Rose-Hulman, Texas A & M, DePauw, Butler, Villanova, Taylor, Bellarmine and Ohio University.
Indianapolis & Zionsville
- TPCA is located in the beautiful and very safe suburban community of Zionsville, just northwest of Indianapolis and accessible to a wide range of metropolitan cultural experiences. We are 2.5 hours south of Chicago. Zionisville is a charming, lovely small town yet jsut a short drive from thriving downtown Indianapolis. Award-winning Zionsville was named:
- #1 among the "10 Safest Small Towns in america" by Movoto rea estate webhsite
- #20 among the "Best Suburbs in America" by business Insider
- #57 among the "100 Best Places to Live & Lunach" by CNN Money
- Indianapolis, the 16th largest city in the United States, is one of America's most popular destination locations and places to live. We enjoy four beautiful full seasons of weather along with clear skies and a wide variety of outdoor activities.
- Indianapolis is a popular national and international event site, having hosted the 2012 NFL Super Bowl, and numerous national and international Athletic and Arts championships. Our professional sports teams include the Indiana Pacers (National Basketball Association); Indianapolis Colts (National Football League); Indianapolis Indians (Minor League Baseball affiliate of the Pittsburg Pirates); Indiana Ice (professional ice hockey team); Indy Eleven (professional men's soccer). Indianapolis is currently a finalist to host the 2018 NFL Super Bowl.
- Popular Indianapolis visitor destinations include the Indianapolis Motor Speedway (home of the world-famous 500 Mile Race), Children’s Museum of Indianapolis (the largest children's museum in the world), Eiteljorg Museum of American Indian and Western Art, the Fashion Mall and Broad Ripple shopping districts as well as a wide variety of professional sporting venues and events.
- Cultural opportunities include visiting the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra, Indianapolis Repertory Theater and performances by numerous other performing arts organizations.
- Indiana is the home to several prestigious universities including Purdue University, University of Notre Dame, Indiana University, DePauw University, Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology as well as several others.
- Click here to visit the City of Indianapolis online information.
International Student Admissions and Boarding Contacts
Mr. Dan Mueller, International Student Recruiter
Phone: 317-769-2450 Cell: 651-955-3238
Mrs. Toni Kanzler, Director of Admissions
Phone: 317-769-2450 ext. 243