Count Your Blessings
When growing up in the church, I recall singing the song “Count Your Many Blessings.” As a young boy, the truth of the lyrics did not have a significant impact. But like so many things like this in our youth we don’t realize how true those words can be until we become an adult. For all of us, the last fifteen months have been hard. Hard emotionally, physically, mentally, and spiritually. As a follower of Christ, I know that He works the greatest in our lives in the crucible of life. But it is still hard.
While recognizing how hard it has been, I am drawn back to the words of this song.
I want to mention just a few of the blessings that God gave TPCS during this season.
- Held a special outdoor graduation for the class of 2020, allowing them to march across a stage to receive their diplomas
- Launched and ran a successful capital campaign ($1.6 million raised) for a new Jr High building
- Broke ground and built a new Jr High building in eight months
- Completed ACSI accreditation and hosted an evaluation team to receive full accreditation for the next five years
- Continued to offer a robust academic program during the pandemic
- Continued athletics and fine arts under challenging conditions
- Preformed a spring musical and spring concert
- Granted an astonishing gift of $1.5 million over five years towards the buildout and execution of our vision for academic rigor.
- Held a successful Prom for our high school
- We get to proclaim Jesus Christ and His saving grace freely within our school
- We get to praise and worship Christ in our chapels and programs
- We have great facilities
- We have incredible teachers and staff who have persevered through this challenging season
It is easy to get focused on the challenges that are coming our way. I encourage you to take a step back and count your many blessings and see what God has done for you over these last fifteen months. Praise be to God for His generous gifts!