School of Applied Sciences
The goal of the School of Applied Sciences (SAS) program is to combine the core educational program with co-op programs, internships, and apprenticeships to connect our future workforce with employers’ needs. This program will offer student internships, worksite tours, and mock interviews to prepare students for the future.
- Working together as a team to build robotics and compete in robotics competitions.
- Learn public speaking and leadership skills
- Building additional skills in coding, and engineering
- Recognition at graduation and special distinction on the diploma
Admission to the School of Applied Sciences takes place each spring. The School is open to students in the 10th-12th grade who are in good standing.
- Attend after-school and weekend School meetings, as scheduled
- Annually, members must complete 20 hours of shadowing or intern service from grade 10-12.
- This School may require mandatory after-school and weekend hours
- Participate in a School appropriate Exploration Trips program.
- If applicable, participate in robotics competitions during the year and in the summer
- A student attempting to earn the School of Applied Sciences recognition must maintain an 85 or higher semester average in all School courses, with a consistent and demonstrated desire to remain in the program. A student whose School semester grade average falls below 85 will be placed on probation for the following semester. If the School grade average falls below 85 for two semesters, the student will typically be suspended from the program.
School of Applied Sciences students will receive priority of schedule for desired/necessary courses to complete the program’s requirements.
Each May, School members will give their presentation to a panel consisting of TPCHS teachers, administrators, and local community leaders.